Thursday 16 January 2014

Making Music!

Happy New Year! 

2013 was a good one for me and I'm hoping 2014 will go as well! 

It has started well as last Tuesday, I started the choir which I've been planning to set up for a while now. 

Last summer, I approached the survivorship team at Castle Hill Hospital about setting up a choir for people will cancer, either going through it right now or in the past. I was keen to get something running that would give people a more positive experience from cancer and a more positive association with the hospital and staff involved, rather than it just being all about the treatment and pain and bad news, as well as the fact that singing is proven to be an excellent mood booster and anxiety buster!

We finally managed to get this organised, and started last week-so far, so good! 

We have attempted a few bits and pieces and I am so impressed at their enthusiasm and how quickly they are picking this up! 

I think our aim is to put some sort of concert together to raise money for Macmillan and with weekly rehearsals...watch this space! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I have just been reading through some of your posts and i thought you may be interested in a piece of research I am conducting at The University of Birmingham. The research is focused on self-identity/perception after completing treatment for cancer, including the positive way in which cancer can help someone grow (which I guess is linked to the idea you convey in this post where you suggest their are positive aspects from cancer). In short the research would involve you taking photos of anything that is important to you (it does not have to be related to cancer) and then taking part in a Skype interview where we would discuss these photos. If this is something you would be interested in taking part in please contact me by email (vxc337 AT bham DOT ac DOT uk)

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete